Thursday, March 30, 2006

Tom Savini's Grindhouse Set Report


At the request of Tom Savini himself, the set report has been removed. I had "no idea of the trouble I was causing".

I'm not one to cause trouble. Well, not for Tom Savini. For the second time in a week, I've had to remove a post. Again, I do so gladly, on the understanding that posting it here would make life worse for someone. If I find out that "someone" is only Bob or Harvey Weinstein, however, the report will be back up in the blink of an eye.

I'm amazed that nobody has even mailed me to ask for a copy of the report "behind Tom's back", so perhaps the rest of the internet isn't as interested in this film as I am. Perhaps all they care about is Snakes on a Plane.

I would like to know, however - and perhaps Mr. Savini can tell us all, quite how the report being up here was causing trouble? I thought I was simply creating more buzz for Grindhouse. It probably doesn't need it, but hey, it wouldn't hurt. I'm pretty sure it's going to be one of the most enjoyable films of the year - if, quite probably, a little more shallow than the best of Tarantino and Rodriguez.

For now, the report will remain safe from public eyes. Hopefully though, at some point, the man will get his foot off of Savini's head and the paragraphs will resurface on Savini.com for all to enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

totally sucks about not being able to post stuff! oh well, i'll be glued to your site until it's back up LOL..

thx!