Monday, April 17, 2006

sCrAmBlEd?HaCkZ!

sCrAmBlEd?HaCkZ! is about my favourite thing in the world right now. Play the video below to find out all about it.

There's fine shading of the details on the official site of Sven König, sCrAmBlEd?HaCkZ!'s creator, too.

Of course, it might be a clever fake - but I don't think so, and the explanation given in the video sounds pretty solid.


Wired are chewing over some of the ramifications this morning, and I like the way they think. They have König answer a few questions and its all exciting stuff.

I've had ideas of manually going for similar effects but with video images, not audio, for a long time now. Dreams of replacing the images in a sequence - or building a new sequence from scratch - with fractions of pre-existing video that share similar compositions or arrangements of light and dark, saturation or hue, or even similarly posed heads, hands, etc.

I always wussed out when faced with the massive amount of work involved. A couple of weeks ago, I thought about doing a pared down version of this kind of video collage, but with comic book art instead of moving pictures. Unfortunately, my comics collection is nowhere near expansive enough. Any bona fide comic collectors out there who'd like to collaborate, then drop me a line.

sCrAmBlEd?HaCkZ! is pretty much the first step to a dream come true for me, and I look forward to the first number one single created this way.

No comments: