Saturday, April 15, 2006

TBS Promote The Lord Of The Rings In Style


Apparently inspired by the trailer mash-up craze that's sweeping the geekosphere, TBS have coined six special trailers to promote their screenings of The Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers.

You can see the trailers titled White Horse, Frodo, Gollum, Hunks, The Wizard of Orc and, my favourite, Secret Lovers, online now. Cinematical showed me the way.

Now is probably far too low key a place to sneak in the stories I've been hearing on the grapevine about The Fellowship on next-gen DVD, but here we go anyway. Apparently, the shots of Gollum are to be re-animated with the perfected character design used in Return of the King. I can't reveal my source, but let me tell you that they agree with me - this probably isn't a bad idea, as long as the nipping and tucking doesn't spiral into Lucas-like orgies of revisionism.

Can anybody else confirm or deny this rumour?

No comments: