Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Sweeney Todd Odds And Sods

When Jim Broadbent disappeared from the Hairspray cast list a couple of weeks back, he was rapidly replaced by Christopher Walken. Now we know why he went - he's joined Tim Burton's Sweeney Todd, almost certainly as Judge Turpin. Superb.

Cinematical and Broadway World broke the news to me.

I've been wondering who might get cast as Nellie Lovett, Todd's accomplice and the role originated by Angela Lansbury on Broadway. I know who I thought would be good casting, so I started to trawl the internet. Could I find anything, one tiny rumour to back me up? Just a teeny weeny hint that my suspicions might be correct?

Of course, I found a tidal wave of gossip, the good news being that almost everybody else agreed with me. And I'm starting to think we might get our wish.

Yep, I'm starting to think Kate Winslet is going to be cast as Nellie Lovett, grisly pie-maker.

No comments: