Thursday, October 26, 2006

Paid By The Word? You Crooks

Wired magazine have taken a leaf - or at least a fraction of a leaf - out of Hemingway's book and recruited a number of writers to come up with stories in just six words. A number of film-related folk took a crack at it, with generally pretty good results.

Here are a few:

Kirby had never eaten toes before.
-Kevin Smith

With bloody hands I say goodbye.
- Frank Miller

Failed SAT. Lost scholarship. Invented rocket.
- William Shatner

Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so.
- Joss Whedon

I'm dead. I've missed you. Kiss...?
- Neil Gaiman

Bush told the truth. Hell froze.
- William Gibson

whorl. Help! I'm caught in a time
- Darren Aranofsky and Ari Handel

There are plenty more on their site, including Alan Moore's improvement on the Aranofsky/Handel one and a couple of film-joke ones from Steven Meretzky.

As for my own attempts - well, there's the title of this piece, I suppose. Not good enough? How about:

New beginning. Hope. springs! Same results.

or

Stop lying. Everyone can smell it.

or

Just add water? What is this?

or

Now try asking "You love me?"

Okay, so fair enough, I'm not so great at this. Feel free to share your attempts.

3 comments:

Mark Kardwell said...

Thought of a few last night.

Anonymous said...

This time the deed went unpunished.

Anonymous said...

This guy walks into a bar.