Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Next Hobbit Rumour You Will Hear

The next Hobbit rumour you will hear is that Alfonso Cuaron has been approached to direct. I have a couple of hours lead, I think.

That Saul Zaentz interview - the one in which he said Peter Jackson will direct The Hobbit, the one that set a billion geek hearts a flutter - has turned out to be somewhat older than first thought. Seeing as it predates Jackson's controversial e-mail announcement, it looks like all bets are off again.

New Line are going to make a Hobbit film, mark my words. And for MGM to refuse the billions they could make by distributing it would be foolhardy. Expect an official announcement sooner rather than later.

Anyway, I doubt any film of The Hobbit would be one half as good as The Lovely Bones is going to be. Let's concentrate on the positive here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another fake story from Film Ick.

Brendon said...

Fake? I only post what I hear, and I put it an appropriate context every time.

This rumour is identified as such. The Spider-Man 3 plot info, for example, I can guarantee is 100% accurate. Anybody who has been paying attention knows that anyway.

The Ocean's 13 info, on the other hand, is comprised of two elements: that which is 100% verified (re: Terry Benedict) and that which is partly speculative, and contextualised as such (re: Tess Ocean). You'll see when the trailers are released, or at the very least, once the film is out.

I won't state something as a fact unless I actually know it is.

What's your name, anonymous?

Anonymous said...

I know he's produced some cracking movies, but every time I hear SZ's name it sends a shiver up my spine. Three words: Creedence Clearwater Revival.

And yeah, it's good form to put a name to fightin' words, anonymous dude.