Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Next Hobbit Rumour You Will Hear

The next Hobbit rumour you will hear is that Alfonso Cuaron has been approached to direct. I have a couple of hours lead, I think.

That Saul Zaentz interview - the one in which he said Peter Jackson will direct The Hobbit, the one that set a billion geek hearts a flutter - has turned out to be somewhat older than first thought. Seeing as it predates Jackson's controversial e-mail announcement, it looks like all bets are off again.

New Line are going to make a Hobbit film, mark my words. And for MGM to refuse the billions they could make by distributing it would be foolhardy. Expect an official announcement sooner rather than later.

Anyway, I doubt any film of The Hobbit would be one half as good as The Lovely Bones is going to be. Let's concentrate on the positive here.


Anonymous said...

Another fake story from Film Ick.

Brendon said...

Fake? I only post what I hear, and I put it an appropriate context every time.

This rumour is identified as such. The Spider-Man 3 plot info, for example, I can guarantee is 100% accurate. Anybody who has been paying attention knows that anyway.

The Ocean's 13 info, on the other hand, is comprised of two elements: that which is 100% verified (re: Terry Benedict) and that which is partly speculative, and contextualised as such (re: Tess Ocean). You'll see when the trailers are released, or at the very least, once the film is out.

I won't state something as a fact unless I actually know it is.

What's your name, anonymous?

Anonymous said...

I know he's produced some cracking movies, but every time I hear SZ's name it sends a shiver up my spine. Three words: Creedence Clearwater Revival.

And yeah, it's good form to put a name to fightin' words, anonymous dude.