Sunday, December 31, 2006

Sledge's Anticipated 2007 Films

[EDIT: The below is the work of Sledge. Sledge is not me - Brendon Connelly. I know this has confused many of you before. Pay attention at the back of the class]

Here are a few of the main films I'm looking forward to seeing in 2007.

Hot Fuzz
The follow up to
Shaun of the Dead. If it's half as good as the rom-zom-com, then it should be very good indeed. I cannot wait.

Grind House
The
Tarantino/Rodriguez zombie/slasher fest. Planet Terror and Death Proof are the names of the two feature length parts.

The Simpsons Movie

It's being written by eleven of the television series' most prolific writers. I've been waiting ten years for this moment. I think this may be the film event of the year. This and
Spiderman 3 of course.

American Gangster

Ridley Scott's biopic of Harlem heroin kingpin Frank Lucas. It will star both Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe.

Benjamin Button
The film directed by
David Fincher and starring Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett. Based on F. Scott Fitzgerald's short story of the same name where a man falls in love while growing younger each year. Very Gondry.
[EDIT: Very Gondry? What? I'd have gone for very bad, myself]


Sin City 2

Not sure if this'll be released in 2007. If it is, great.
[EDIT: Not a chance. In fact, I doubt we'll ever see it]

Fantastic Mr Fox
Roald Dahl's book comes to life via stop motion with
Wes Anderson at the helm. You know the story. A clever fox constantly outwits three evil farmers who are angry at him for eating their produce. Could be be interesting to see on the big screen.
[EDIT: No chance of seeing this in 2007 either]

My Name is Bruce
Directed, co-produced, co-written and starring
Bruce Campbell. I'm sold. The plot revolves around the lead playing himself, who after being mistaken by fans to be Ash from the Evil Dead films, is abducted to fight against real monsters. Genius.

Be Kind Rewind

Jack Black plays a guy who gets accidentally magnetized. He then unintentionally wipes every tape in a mate's video shop. In order to satisfy the store's most loyal customer, an old demented woman, the two guys set out to remake the lost films, which include Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, The Lion King, and Robocop. Very Gondry - well, he is the director.

It looks like 2007 will be yet another great year for movies. Obviously there's loads more that could be on this list. Feel free to add them in your comments. Happy New Year.

[EDIT: Happy new year, Sledge. My list of 2007 films to look forward to is coming in a few days... first, I have to get my 2006 look back up]

No comments: