Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Visiting The Green Planet

I haven't been able to get my hands on a copy of M. Night Shyamalan's Green Planet script myself - though, if you can help me out, just drop me a line - but I have tracked down somebody who has read it. They wouldn't tell me much, but they told me something, and to be honest, my interested was only increased.

Apparently, the plot details the emergence of a New Eden when our flora and fauna come under the influence of something alien and make moves to take back the planet. The deforestation of the rainforests starts running backwards and even a humble potted plant would become a target of suspicion and fear.

I asked if the script is at all
Triffids-y and, apparently 'it isn't really', and furthermore any comparisons to Signs are apparently most unfair, as the general imperative isn't one of Don't-Go-Into-the-Cellar supsense at all. The script describes a number of cultural paradigm shifts, detailing with a sort-of-plausible reality what would happen in such a situation - think The Day After Tomorrow with more smarts, a more clear (yet more subtle) mission statement and a strange, upside down way of looking at ecological destruction.

Well, it sounds good to me. Somebody, anybody get me that script. I want to see this with my own two eyes.

No comments: