Thursday, February 01, 2007

Power Of The Dark Crystal Canned

I've been told, and I believe what I was told, that The Power of the Dark Crystal has been canned. Genndy Tartakovsky had been deep in preproduction on the film for a good while - at least two years, I'm told - but now, the film has officially been plaed 'on hiatus'.

Unofficially, however, it looks like the film will never be completed. Any chance of a book a concept art at least? Who knows.

The Henson Company have yet to comment. At least they have three more, very promising sounding, films in the offing (Look to the comments on that entry for the source of this story).

1 comment:

Brendon said...

Seems that this story my have been sent around by an online "film site" looking to nitpick anybody who ran it. Oh dear. How very 'clever' of them.

Or, on the other hand, maybe not.

As I say in the piece "I have been told...", and that's a FACT. I then reported what I was told. I've no way of knowing if what I am being told is true or not.

The Henson company denied it, but then, you see, they WOULD. Just like Joss Whedon's involvement with Wonder Woman was never in doubt, according to Warners, right up until the second he scarpered.