Thursday, March 22, 2007

Sherlock Crowe

According to The Daily Express (not my favourite newspaper), Russell Crowe is up for the title role in Neil Marshall's Sherlock Holmes. Apparently, he'll be getting into a few sword fights and plenty of bare-knuckle brawling. What about Watson? I bet they go for somebody like Mackenzie Crook. Or maybe Nick Frost.

Sounds like a disaster. And I love Nick Frost.

Jonathan Pryce is playing Holmes on the BBC's new Baker Street Irregulars show, and his Watson is Bill Patterson. Suits me much better.

Crowe is to direct his first film soon and I think it's going to be about Pat Wright and Dave Arrowsmith.

Damn... I hope you got that joke. I really hope somebody got that joke.

4 comments:

Mark Kardwell said...

Are you on a Vic and Bob tip tonight, or what?

Brendon said...

And that, Mark, is why you will always be welcome here at film ick.

m0reta said...

Russell Crowe and Paul Bettany together again!

Anonymous said...

I think they'll go with a female Watson. Where does it say that Watson has to be a man? Eh?

No, this sounds like a disaster.