Monday, March 19, 2007

Steptoe And Thor

Rich Johnston has a quote from Stewart Lee, regarding the Thor sitcom he's working on.

"
It won't be like the comics Thor, although obviously my interest in so many branches of myth and lit was kickstarted by reading comics as a kid. What I am interested in is the Father/son relationship, as in Steptoe and Son and Porridge too. Odin is immortal (-ish). So is Thor. The son will never replace the father. What a fantastic metaphor for my own relationship with my own late fater, or for any son's relationship with a father. There will be as few Fantasy-ish elements in the script as possible. What I am interested in is inter-generational arguing. Tony Law, a comedian and viking enthusiast, will be working as a script consultant."

Rich also has a report and pic from the 300 premiere I was at - and at which I was sat next to Rich. I should something about it, really, but... well, I don't know where to start.

1 comment:

Mark Kardwell said...

I'd say start with a yay or nay verdict on whether 300 is worth seeing or not.