Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Tap Are Back!

This Wednesday, Rob Reiner will unveil a 15-minute short film at the Tribeca film festival. the film's subject? The earth-shaking rock reunion to damn all others to hell: Spinal Tap are back.

And, according to Variety, the news gets even better. Do you want to see Tap live? If you've got tickets to London's Live Earth gig, you're lucky - the mighty Tap will be rocking out at Wembley.

They've recorded a new track - Warmer than Hell. The lyrics are, as ever, majestic:

The devil went to Devon, it felt like the fourth degree
He said, `Is it hot in here, or is it only me?'

Talking to the AP, Reiner has discussed the band's ecological outlook:

They're not that environmentally conscious, but they've heard of global warming. Nigel thought it was just because he was wearing too much clothing - that if he just took his jacket off it would be cooler.

And what have the boys been doing in the last few years? Well, Nigel has been breeding miniature horses to race, but can't find jockeys small enough; David is producing hip-hop records and runining a colonic clinic; and Derek is in rehab for his addiction to the Internet. None of which, really, is very surprising.

Hopefully the new short will be online soon or, better still, on DVD - perhaps as a fundraiser release at a nominal price.

3 comments:

Sledge said...

I think that's one of the greatest pieces of news I have heard in a long time.

Anonymous said...

I'm as giddy as a school girl! Tap into America!

Anonymous said...

"The bigger the cushion, the sweeter the pushin', that's what they say."
"The bigger the waist band, the deeper the quicksand, you know what I mean."
"My girl fits me like a flesh tuxedo, I wanna sink her with my pink torpedo."
"Big bottom, big bottom, talk about mud flaps, my girl's got 'em."
"Big bottom, drive me out of my mind, how can I leave this behind?"