Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Movie Minesweeper - The Best Kept Secret Edition

- Daniel Craig has quit Blindness, the next film from Fernando Mereilles. That's good.

- The Brisbane Times are taking Tarantino to task for the bad BO of Grind House. Wrong target, I'm afraid.

- Michael Madsen is replacing Tom Sizemore in The I Scream Man.

- Gondry's new Paul McCartney video uses the old stage technique named Pepper's Ghost. It premieres later today on YouTube, apparently. I shot a very, very cheap video using the same effect last year, effectively saying to myself "I need to do it before Gondry does". He's obviously had a much, much higher budget, and I certainly didn't have such a star-studded cast... but I feel secure in the knowledge that people can't accuse me of stealing from him. My video is for Paperlung, the new band of Sice, the former lead singer of The Boo Radleys.

- Paul Haggis is doing a draft of the Bond 22 script, and has been offered the directing job. He declined the latter offer, however.

2 comments:

The City Desk said...

I think he also used it for the White Stripes' "Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground" video, or at least, some thing similar.

This usage was a bit more fun, though.

Brendon said...

He used a projector for Dead Leaves, but yeah - a similar idea.