Thursday, May 31, 2007

Movie Minesweeper - The Index Cards Are A Screenwriter's Best Friend Edition

- The So You Think You Can Dance version of the Fantastic Four/Silver Surfer trailer has been turned into a nice AVI and lodged at Sendspace, apparently.

- Simon Monjack has scripted the upcoming version of The White Hotel, which is possibly how Brittany Murphy got the lead role - they were married in April. Or maybe it worked the other way round, I don't know. All the same, US magazine have painted a not very pretty picture of the man which left me shaking and scratching my head more or less simultaneously.

- Some Harry Potter theme park concept art is up at Deadline Hollywood Daily, where the news first broke. Who thought this was a good idea?

- DVD Times have the cover and some details of the Secret of Nimh DVD. I was so ill on the day I was supposed to go see this as a child, and so disappointed that I never got to see it, that the film was blown up to massively epic, even mythic, proportions in my mind. Will it let me down, some 20-odd years later?

- SlashFilm have a very positive review of Hostel 2 (but still only give it 7 out of 10). Twitch have a similarly positive take but (in a way that troubles me at least) seemed to find it all just a fun romp.

- Dali/Disney's Destino starts playing this week at the Tate Modern.

- Just Jared have some shots of Felicity Huffman in Red Queen mode from Phoebe in Wonderland.

- IESB have a stuttery, lower-quality version of the Enchanted trailer I linked to a week or so ago. I'd stick with the higher quality versions.

- FEARnet are previewing their upcoming online serial Devil's Trade right now.

- The BBFC have recertificated Labyrinth for an upcoming DVD release that will include a commentary track. I'm assuming this is the track recorded by Brian Froud - who has also recorded a commentary for The Dark Crystal. Expect special editions of both in the not-so-distant future.

- The Veronica Mars in the FBI mini-episode/long trailer that failed to secure her a 4th series will be included on the Season 3 DVDs.

No comments: