Thursday, May 03, 2007

Who Will Direct Harry Potter 6?

The cat is out of the bag, and the director of the next Harry Potter film - Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - has been named. Could it be the long-rumoured Jean Pierre Jeunet? Mira Nair? Mike Newell? Alfonso Cuaron? They've all been linked to the film at some point.

Nope. None of them. It will be David Yates, the director of Harry Potter 5. He told SciFi Wire:

I've made a kind of tonal shift with the fifth film, which I want to continue and develop into the sixth film and I can see the fifth story evolving into the sixth story in a really interesting way. So I'm on a journey with this material and this world, and I'm keen to complete it.

Here's hoping his take on Order of the Phoenix pleases the fans.

1 comment:

Tyler Foster said...

Instead of getting an aggressive, creative visionary, let's stick to some no-name we can control. Hmmm...and I bet Warner goes with the stunning choice of Chris Columbus to finish things off.