Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Bat Droppings

I'm sorry, but I'm getting sick of all of these Dark Knight e-mails from people I don't know. I just don't know if I should be grateful to receive them or angry at people for wasting my time - and, as you may see it, your time too. I guess the answer is that I don't know - yet. If/when any of them turn out to be true, then I'll definitely be grateful. Retroactive gratitude is the best I can offer, I guess.

Here's two completely different, utterly conflicting pieces of information I have received in the last couple of days. As far as I know, they could both be a complete and utter crock, but let's take a look.

Oh... and if anybody can send me a copy of the script and put me out of my misery, I'd love them forever.

Piece one comes from the original source of the Riddler story from a few days back:

Here's the deal on Nygma : when I was prepping XXX XXXXX XXXXX I mentioned to the XXXX XXXXXXX manager something about Nygma. "Can't believe Hall is playing Nygma".

He turned, rubbed his forehead and sighed.

"Hall isn't playing Nygma. No one is. The suit was for a joke for Bale."

This [suit] was presented to Bale along with the Nipple-Suit. This was a joke played by Nolan and Goyer. And now I feel like a jack-ass for reporting falsely to you.

Piece two comes from a new 'scooper', claiming that they feel safe reporting to me as I have already run something on the subject:

Hi Mr. Connelly,

I am writing to share my knowledge regarding Mr. Anthony Hall's role in The Dark Knight. I had the privilege of working on the set for one day as I was X XXXX XX X XXXXXXXXX XXXX. On one particular scene we were able to see a brief dialogue between Mr. Hall and some other actor. Nothing big except for the fact that the other man calls him Mr. Nygma! Yes, from what I've seen and heard the future Riddler is indeed in the movie! Apart from that I can also tell, that his character wears a dark suit and a green tie. I think the tie is the only connection with his alter ego. Also he seemed rather nice and definitely not so crazy as Jim Carrey's portrayal of The Riddler in Batman Forever.

I'm writing this because I know that this was spoiled by someone else from the crew at your site, so I think by adding my small share it won't be such a big thing for the director and studio. I'm a big Batman fan myself and like others can't wait to see the finished movie.

And that's the pair of them.

Now, the Goyer comment in the first piece pretty much exposes it as fraud. Goyer has almost nothing to do with the project - certainly now that it is in production.

As for the second piece... I'm definitely sceptical, not least as I believe that Hall's scenes are to be with Morgan Freeman and he's not just 'some actor'. But maybe it's all true. Who am I to say?

Does anybody out there have any verifiable Dark Knight info? At all?

No comments: