Monday, June 18, 2007

Max Evry Gets The Nightowl Confession

While interviewing Patrick Wilson (ostensibly to promote Evening), Max Evry got a pretty conclusive admission of his casting in the role of Nightowl in the Watchmen movie. We pretty much knew he had the part, from the earlier story that first suggested Keanu Reeves for Dr. Manhattan, but this virtually puts a seal on the envelope.

Wilson: If by chance I did have... when does your story run?

Evry: Probably a couple weeks.

Wilson: Oh yeah, well by then I would imagine there might be... I mean, I would blab my mouth 'cause I certainly haven't been told to keep quiet. It's just out of respect for them trying to get everybody else on board before I go ahead and blab my mouth, but it's pretty cool. It's exciting stuff.

As you can see, Wilson seems to have failed in his understanding of internet reporting, believing Evry was going to be silenced on the matter until the full interview runs - but anyway, I doubt he's caused too much trouble for himself. His name was already very much out there.

It's John Cusack I feel sorry for.

No comments: