Friday, July 06, 2007

Movie Minesweeper - The Only 65p Edition

Every Movie Minesweeper from here on - for a while, at least - I'm going to tell you just what piece of music I'm listening to as I start the post, and then, later, when I end the post.

Currently, I can hear Self Co
ntrol by Laura Brannigan. Shut up. I like it.

- Either Masters of Horror or The Dresden Files is to shoot in Alberta from September. My money is on The Dresden Files. Whichever it ends up being, the city of Alberta is to take a stake in the show.

- Helen Hunt's Then She Found Me is to premiere at Toronto.

- The Guardian attended a screening of 10 minutes from The Simpsons Movie.

- Andrew Cosby and Johanna Stokes are writing the next draft of First Ascent, Disney's 'monster on Everest' movie.

- A few months back, Britney Spears attacked a car with an umbrella, like some kind of half-baked rainy day Jack Nicholson. Was she just flipping out? Of course she was, no doubt about it but that's not the offical line. No, according to a statement, she was trying out a method acting technique to help her get in character for a movie. That's right: she's telling lies that stupid now. She said "I apologize to the pap for a stunt that was done 4 months ago regarding an umbrella. I was preparing my character for a role in a movie where the husband never plays his part so they switch places accidentally. I take all my roles very seriously and got a little carried away. Unfortunately I didn't get the part."

- According to James Marsters, his role in Torchwood is going to "offend some, titillate others - to the point where they would need to finish themselves off afterwards".

- A sitcom version of Monster in Law is in development. That film was genuinely criminal.

- Afroman is making a spoof of Waiting to Exhale. This film sounds genuinely criminal.

And now I'm listening to Let Your Love Flow by The Bellamy Brothers.

No comments: