Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Ice Storm From Criterion

Of all of Ang Lee's films, the one I like best is The Ice Storm, without a doubt - there's a great cast, a top drawer score, some astonishingly clever lighting courtesy of Frederick Elmes and... er... well... a great cast, a top drawer score and some astonishingly clever lighting. It can live alongside Sense and Sensibility and Crouching Tiger in my small Ang Lee DVD collection quite happily - and, I'm happy to report, this will be as a Criterion edition of the film

How do I know? Well, technically, I don't. Technically I'm just guessing - but the latest Criterion newsletter included the above image of keys and slogan and, frankly, I don't think they could possibly be referring to anything else.


Zombie Drew may have other ideas. He correctly identified the last Criterion clue as indicating Cornel Wilde's The Naked Prey for which I am now awarding him an imaginary gold star (which may, or may not, look just like Claire Danes, the star of David or the bath mat in Ozzy Osbourne's en suite depending on which Zombie Drew would prefer).

No comments: