Tuesday, October 09, 2007

The Katacomb Klub

Two names to recently have made news here on film ick, in one way or another, are to come together in The Katacomb Klub. Firstly, there's director Michele Soavi, previously responsible for Dellamorte Dellamore, mentioned just this morning; second, screenwriter Charles McKeown who has co-written, with Terry Gilliam, The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus.

Soavi hasn't officially signed for Klub yet but is in negotiations, with production set to take place sometime next year, I believe in his native Italy.

Soavi actually has more direct links to Gilliam, shooting second unit on The Adventures of Baron Munchausen and The Brothers Grimm, in which he was responsible for almost every shot of the 'mud mimic' sequence.

I'm quite a Soavi fan - the aforementioned
Dellamorte Dellamore being my absolute favourite of his movies and one of my favourite zombie films overall, and I have to admit that I love zombie films.

If anybody has any more info on this film, please send it my way. I'd particularly like a gander at the script.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It'd be nice to see Mr Soavi a bit better represented on DVD, he's a favorite of mine too. Pity he doesn't make movies more often.