Thursday, October 11, 2007

One) Blowing My Cover: My Life As A CIA Spy And Two) Earthlings

I'm afraid that I don't have any time for Minesweeping tonight, but I simply can't NOT tell you about these two projects.

Firstly: Daniel Waters is adapting Lindsay Moran's Blowing My Cover: My Life as a CIA Spy. It's the memoir of her deepening alienation and isolation on becoming an operative for that there Central Intelligence Agency. I'm off to the library tomorrow to try and find this book, and failing that, Borders and... let's face facts, I'm probably going to have to resort to Amazon, aren't I? It doesn't appear to have been a bestseller, and for all I know, it wasn't even published in the UK. If Waters has agreed to adapt it, I'm keen to see what it's all about.

Secondly: Daniel Waters has another project cooking up. That's two at once - which suggests, frankly, The Clowns are about to burst through the computer screen any second and eat my brain because I must be asleep right now. Earthlings is to be a 90 minute pilot for the Sci-Fi channel, and hopefully a series afterwards. Unsurprisingly, the premise has been called a 'darker and subversive' take on Mork and Mindy or 3rd Rock... and features some key alien characters getting derailed, irritated and sideswiped by humans and their pesky irrationality.

Know how they feel? I bet Waters does.

No comments: