Monday, January 15, 2007

Space Coyote Off To Bongo

Dreams can come true, it seems. After her manga-styled images of the Simpsons clan and Futurama crew swept the web, the artist only currently known as Space Coyote has been given a commission to pencil a strip for Bongo's Simpsons comic. Possibly better still, she's been contacted by 20th Century Fox about working for them - just maybe, she believes, as a concept artist on the new series of Futurama. Does this mean they haven't even designed it yet? Pull your finger out!

Well, this is wonderful news and I couldn't be happier for her. And, yes, that's sincere, but... I mean, I don't get it. She had a good idea, I suppose, in rendering these characters this way, but I'm not sure she did such a fine job of it.

Of course, these pieces of 'fanart' were never meant to be so widely seen, I'd suppose. Perhaps Space Coyote can really pull it off when she has to.

No comments: