Monday, March 20, 2006

Quality Reeves and Mortimer Products

On April 3rd, both Bang Bang - It's Reeves and Mortimer and The Smell of Reeves and Mortimer are being released on UK R2 DVD by Cinema Club.

I remember the first time I saw Bang Bang. It was around Christmas time or New Year, I suffering from chronic toothache, I hadn't even smiled in days - then suddenly I was laughing. Out loud. And laughing long.

Over at Twitch, they've put up a generous piece in celebration of The Smell but also use it to decry Bang Bang. I'd strongly disagree, preferring the latter even, particularly in it's moments of twisted pathos. Of all of Vic and Bob's projects it may be the one I'm most likely to watch again and again and again.

I recommend you order the DVDs right away - and if your player doesn't play R2 PAL, then, well, get a new player.

No comments: