Monday, March 20, 2006

Terry Gilliam and Terry Jones Discuss Enfermes Dehors

A video interview with Terry Gilliam and Terry Jones discussing Albert Dupontel's new film, Enfermes Dehors, is online now. And why are this Python pair talking the film up?

Well, they certainly seem to be fans of Dupontel, but more specifically to this film, they do make cameo appearances in it. This was a great idea of Dupontel's - the Terrys are suitably elastic performers for his squash and stretch cartoonish universe.

In America at the very least, Enferme Dehors is bound to elicit comparisons to the films of Jean Pierre Jeunet, and perhaps more accurately, Stephen Chow. Gilliam actually mentions Chuck Jones and Jackie Chan during the interview, so you can see it's only a short hop, skip and a jump to Chow's recent films.

The film clips shown also stike me as being something like Mortadelo and Filemon: The Big Adventure, but until I see the whole thing, I'll have no idea how far off the mark I am there.

I don't really expect any kind of UK release for Enfermes Dehors, but have my fingers crossed for English subtitles on the eventual French DVD.

No comments: