Sunday, October 29, 2006

My Name Is Earl Gets A Stop Motion Makeover

Courtesy of TV Squad, I was sent off to an interesting article in the latest issue of Animation Magazine detailing a special stop-motion sequence in an upcoming My Name is Earl. They explain that one of the characters gets 'Claymationvision' after an accident, but they won't say which - face facts, though, it's bound to be Randy.

I suspect the idea came from Garth Jenning's joyously inventive Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, but I'm still glad to see Earl take these odd detours. After the superb plotting and dazzlingly tricksy conceit of the first season's finale, I'm primed for this second year in a way that can only leave me disappointed.

The stop-motion sequence, if not the whole episode that features it, will guest star Christian Slater and air in the US on November 16th, then over here in the UK... sometime in February, I believe.

No comments: