Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Magnum PI

[EDIT: I've been faked out. It is becoming more and more clear that this is a fake story. At which point it became fake, I'm not sure. Let me explain. I was sent an e-mail referring to the teletext report. Telextext being daily, when I couldn't find it, I assumed I had missed it. I don't know if it ever was on the teletext service. If it was, I don't know their source - so just where and when this was made up, I have no idea. Seems that the hobby of feeding false stories to websites - Aint It Cool is the most frequently hit, I think - has spread to me]

The Teletext service here in the UK is claiming that a
Magnum movie is finally ready to roll. I'll swing with it, even though they often rip off my stories with no credit to me.

Here's how the call sheet looks:


Matthew McConaughey as Magnum; Steve Zahn as Rick; Tyrese Gibson as TC; William H. Macy as Higgins; Rawson Marshall Thurber directing.

They had me at Steve Zahn.

This time round, Magnum and chums are vets of the Iraq conflict, not the Vietnam war. The more things change, the more they stay the same, eh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to be a stick in the eye ... but that is the same cast as the Clive Cussler Sahara film last year ... Dirk, Al, Sandecker ... sounds like your pecker is getting pulled!

Brendon said...

Do you know what... I think you're right.