Thursday, May 03, 2007

Hung To Get Hartnett

...as opposed to 'Hartnett to get hung', I suppose.

I didn't spot this one coming: Josh Hartnett has taken a lead role in the next film by Tran Anh Hung, most famous for The Scent of Green Papaya.

I Come With the Rain is about an American detective haunted by his previous encounters with a serial killer. He heads to the east in order to track down a mystic redemption at the healing hands of a 'missing heir'. Or at least that's my reworded version of Variety's explanation of the film's premise. Why I don't just cut and paste these things, I'll never know. Same reason you don't read them at Variety's site in the first place, maybe.

In fact, I'm looking to recruit a contributor. Somebody who can write stories that put a spin on the news from the trades. To take the multiplicity of announcements from Variety and The Hollywood Reporter and find something to say about them.

Fancy that? Then let me know.

No comments: