Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Movie Minesweeper - The Distant Voices Edition

Sometimes, I truly hate Blogger. Hate it.

I just wrote a very long Movie Minesweeper post, complete with links, then posted it, and...

Nothing.

I looked back at the apparently oft-saved post in drafts and all that remained was:

"- Tavis Smiley's show on PBS has turned into a week-long preview for"

Here's a reprise of everything, in a nutshell. I can't find all of the links again - for technical reasons too tricky/embarrassing to go into. But here's the content I remember, and you can Google anything you are desperate to know more about.

Tavis Smiley is showcasing Jonathan Demme's New Orleans' documentary all week. The lead girl from the new Kevin Williamson show is to be in a film called Get Some. Evan Almighty is being marketed to Christians in particular, at least on one front. Empire claim they have an exclusive - Aronofsky is making a Noah film. But we've known that for weeks - some exclusive. I probably moaned a bit about the whole Batman/IMAX silliness (or maybe not, but here I go now anyway). On The Lot has quite poor ratings. Aaron Eckhart is going to be in a new film or something. Some films are coming out. Some films are being made. Oh - and some producers have optioned the Lew Griffin books, but I've never heard of them. There was loads more, but I don't remember it. If it crosses my path again, I'll mention it later.

And that's why I hate Blogger. Sometimes.

No comments: