Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Do You Know Mrs. X?

Harvey Weinstein has apparently been offering a $100,000 bounty to anybody who can identify the inspiration behind Mrs. X, the villainess of The Nanny Diaries. CBS correspondant Lisa Birnbach is known to have employed Nicola Kraus, one of the Nanny Diaries' writers but does anybody have the evidence to pin it on her?

Chances are, there is no single Mrs. X and any suggestion can be undermined by pointing to characteristics sourced from another monstrous mother. Unless, of course, Harvey wants to dish out this $100,000 in another week or two to generate some more buzz for the film?

I'm hoping the Nanny Diaries film does well, but I think the marketing will have hurt it's chances somewhat. The publicity seems to be pushing the film as a comedy whereas, actually, it's something much more considered and dramatic than the posters and TV spots would have you believe.

Or so I'm told. I haven't seen it yet, though I really am looking forward to it. Will it be at the London Film Festival? I'd guess so.

No comments: