Friday, March 24, 2006

Bill Bailey and Simon Pegg on Radio 4's Chain Reaction

The final edition in this series of Radio 4's Chain Reaction was a half hour interview of Simon Pegg by Bill Bailey.

It's a comfortable pairing. Not only did the two of them appear in Pegg's breakout sitcom Spaced, Bailey now has a role in Hot Fuzz - Pegg and Edgar Wright's follow up to Shaun of the Dead.

There's not much in the show regarding Hot Fuzz - well, not enough for my taste - but Pegg does reveal just what his plans for more Spaced are, and they do sound very real, and tantalising.

Bailey makes for a charming host, and the whole show rattles by all too quickly. As per the show's concept, the first episode of the next series, whenever it comes, will feature Pegg as the interviewer - Chain Reaction, see?

Thankfully, you have until next Wednesday to stream this episode as often as you like from the BBC's "Listen Again" online player. Should anybody give it a permanent online home, please let me know where, so I can provide a link.

3 comments:

Mark Kardwell said...

Just found your blog, thanks to Rich's linking fom his column. Great stuff. Could you be a pet and break down the basics of what the SPACED plans are? I would listen to the show myself, but I promised myself a long time ago to never again sully my computer with that awful piece of bloated spyware that calls itself Real Player.

Brendon said...

Essentially, Simon, Jessica and Edgar had full arcs for all the characters in mind, and they didn't get to play them out fully in the two series they had. Simon has worked out that it can be done in a one hour special, all wrapped up, so that's looking likely - obviously after Hot Fuzz is done.

I've got a lot more Hot Fuzz news coming - in fact, I've even popped some on in the last ten minutes - so keep an eye on the page. I'm not afraid to compile it all here, though a lot of other places might see doing so as overkill.

Same goes for Tideland. I'll cover every development on that one that I hear about.

Mark Kardwell said...

Cheers - and keep up the HOT FUZZ news: there's a lot of us SPACED cadets out there.