Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Elvis Returns

According to The Movie Blog, the return of Bruce Campbell as Elvis in Bubba Nosferatu: Curse of the She Vampires is to benefit from Paul Giamatti in the role of Colonel Tom Parker. Yeah, I heard that rumour a while back too... but wasn't it debunked? Anybody?

Maybe there's some truth to it - I hope so, anyway. Here's what I've been told about the film.

Shooting is likely to start in April and run 'til the end of May. There's a number of She Vampire characters, many of whom are seen in their earlier lives as groupies of Elvis'. A number of the scenes take place in the 60s and 70s, while a number more take place 'now'. Joe Lansdale cooked up the story with Don Coscarelli, and this time they also collaborated on the script. A 'name' actor, or at least a 'name' in cultier circles, is being lined up for the role of Bubba Nosferatu - though, try as I might, I can't get a handle on who. The film's budget is not yet set though it is likely to be barely any more than the first film's. This time... SPOILER ALERT... I hear that Elvis dies before the movie is over. But he dies with dignity.

Sounds great.

No comments: