Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Silly Fish

One of the following news bites is definitely an April Fools gag that's hung around like a bad smell; the other certainly sounds like it to me too - but what do you think? Could it be genuine?

Firstly, an increasing number of sites are slowly picking up on a hoax story originated at The One Ring. They claimed that Peter Jackson was deep in preproduction on a live-action Powerpuff Girls movie. Why are a bunch of sites picking this up now, on Tuesday? Are they nuts?

A new animated Powerpuff movie would be good, though, if Craig McCracken were to be behind it.

The second story features a quote from Christina Ricci, concerning her new tattoo. Apologies to Ms. Ricci if this actually is something she said, but the whole thing does sound so screwy to me I can only assume it's another hoax that's making it's way across the web too slowly.

She describes the tattoo thus:

It's Aslan, the lion from The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe. It's a symbol of my hellish childhood. I struggled through my oppressive teenage years and when I turned 18 I escaped. Like Aslan I was finally free.

Riiiiight. Stay tuned until next April 1st when she'll get Nelson Mandela on her ankle and the Israelites on her buttocks.

No comments: