Saturday, June 09, 2007

The Batbike As Pulled From Aint It Cool News

Last night, AintItCool ran the following image of the Batbike. They've since deleted the entire post. Their version of events is that this is a real Batbike, as it were, just from a Batman ride, not from The Dark Knight.

I don't know how true this story is. I'm interested in why they'd remove the entire post relating to this image whereas several other fakes have been left up for all time and just marked as fake.


There's something they're not telling us.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that the wrong bat logo on the bike?

Brendon said...

Not for a theme park ride, apparently.

Anonymous said...

I think it's for a ride. Why would Nolan's Batman put the logo on the bike?

Anonymous said...

yeah, the slick Schumacher/"Batman & Robin"-esque design and bat-logo tell me this is a theme-park stage show ride... or at least some high-rollin' BatFan's personal commission.

Plus, I've seen prototypes of the Batbike toy, and I remember the tires being waaay fatter and wider with an overall design echoing the aesthetic of the Tumbler.